Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highpass Studios - Can You Say The Same
Mixed this one on my laptop with headphones as I'm currently constructing my studio. I had allot of fun with this one - Being that there were some samples to work with, it was a little easier to get the ball rolling. Everything was mixed with stock plugins, except for CLA Compressors, Scheps 73 and an SSL Comp on the master.

.mp3    Can You Say The Same.mp3 --  (Download: 8.99 MB)

The tracks feel nicely balanced volume wise, but i find it a little harsh to listen to, and a little thin. The tracks are already processed, so individual adjustments arent that necessary. But since you are mixing on headphones, you will surely get it right once you listen on monitors.
(04-10-2020, 06:21 PM)thetanks Wrote: The tracks feel nicely balanced volume wise, but i find it a little harsh to listen to, and a little thin. The tracks are already processed, so individual adjustments arent that necessary. But since you are mixing on headphones, you will surely get it right once you listen on monitors.
Hey, yeah, I felt like that might've been the case. Once I have everything up and running though I might revisit this one!
(03-10-2020, 03:43 PM)mattie Wrote: Mixed this one on my laptop with headphones as I'm currently constructing my studio. I had allot of fun with this one - Being that there were some samples to work with, it was a little easier to get the ball rolling. Everything was mixed with stock plugins, except for CLA Compressors, Scheps 73 and an SSL Comp on the master.
Hi there,

I think the drums need some more processing because they don't really fit that well right now. I do like the rest of the mix though. Good job!