Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Lazer - Light It Up (Remix)
Hi,
My mix.
Cheers!

.mp3    Major Lazer - Light It Up.mp3 --  (Download: 2.59 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
is it me? or is this clipping a lil? in the part where the chorus hits.. the bassline sounds like it's clipping. it could be an intended fx.. if so nevermind this comment.
Great mix.
Hi!

Thanks for checking it out and for the comments.

No, its not you.

The example mix is really pushed (I checked and it's -6.1 LUFS).  I wanted to see if I could do the same...

Despite the streaming services normalising to around -14 LUFS, I notice all the dance and chart type music still largely seems to aim for 'that sound', around -6 LUFS or certainly heading that way - and has to be competitive in that market.

It's clipping. I got to -6 LUFS.

I clipped the kick, bass, couple of the vocal tracks, the master bus, etc in the mix, and pushed the limiter too.

There is plenty of room for me do to better, with regard to managing the inevitable side effects of this kind of processing.  I wanted to give it a go though, as I think it is really quite challenging to do.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
This stuf should def be slammed in my opinion! Grate job Smile in sad the stems are so Short...
Hi,

Yeah as the stems were short my aim was simply to try and get it as loud as the example mix with out too many side effects (ha!), rather than just simply getting a balance. I didn't get it any where near as clean though.

It is easy to dismiss these shorter and more 'pre-mixed' tracks too quickly. You can really concentrate on trying to get the balance bang on, which is not all that easy, and practice different techniques, etc.

It's interesting how different and varying the success of the results are.

Cheers!