Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banana Split - First Mix
I've never put anything up for scrutiny before so here we go.  I was playing with a few concepts in this mix. I'm interested in general comments but also:
1) I've struggled with super muddy mixes in the past.  I'm curious if I went to far the other way.
2) I love a bit of snap on the kick so I tried to make it jump a bit.  Thoughts?
3) This is the first time I've done a mix where I've mangled the vocalist's voice and I'm not completely sorry I did it.  This is also the first time I've cut vocal audio out of one section and pasted it in someplace else (my opinion was that she really mumbled the first few syllables in the song so I went hunting in the song for another version of the word "underneath")
4)  I'm interested in opinions on my take on the bridge circa 2:20.  TBH, I'm pretty stoked about how it went and the transition but maybe it only sounds good to my ear.
I'm not fragile so if there's something I've done that's utterly tasteless or makes your ears bleed (or both?), let's have it Smile    Or if I've done something and you want to know how, also ask. Happy to share.

.mp3    BananaSplit.mp3 --  (Download: 3.29 MB)

I think mangling the vocal is fine but it is really loud. Pull it back into the music.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks