Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Strobe - Maya (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!

V2 small changes!

V3 clearing it up!

.mp3    Strobe - Maya.mp3 --  (Download: 6.7 MB)

.mp3    Strobe - Maya V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.7 MB)

.mp3    Strobe - Maya V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.71 MB)

Hi heinim i like your mix,a little on the dry side but thats just me i guess,well done.
Reaper user
(02-10-2020, 05:58 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi heinim i like your mix,a little on the dry side but thats just me i guess,well done.
Hello Cudjoe! Many thanks for the comments. I did first mix it more spacy, but after listening in the car, I did turn down the reverbs a bit and for me it sounded better, Cheers!
this is great man.. you got this very interesting texture in the mix that makes it exciting from begining to end. really like the process of the vocals and how creamy it sounds.
I can see the balance work on the chorus with the back vocals.. mine just goes all over the place with the dynamics i gotta fix that.

something to just pick apart would be those toms.. they are a bit dull and life less.. a lit bit of distortion on them and reverb will make them sound awesome in your mix!
I like your take on it. I think the mix can benefit from some cuts (3kHz-4.3kHz). They are there in the guitar, snare, hats, rain, adding to the vocal making it (vocal) a tiny bit harsh and the whole mix a bit bright to my taste. The bottom is nice and tight but a bit of oomph will make it even more powerful, imo. I found some of mine from the bass2 and the synth4. Happy mixing! Cheers!
(10-10-2020, 02:55 AM)Shul Wrote: this is great man.. you got this very interesting texture in the mix that makes it exciting from begining to end. really like the process of the vocals and how creamy it sounds.
I can see the balance work on the chorus with the back vocals.. mine just goes all over the place with the dynamics i gotta fix that.

something to just pick apart would be those toms.. they are a bit dull and life less.. a lit bit of distortion on them and reverb will make them sound awesome in your mix!
Hi Shul! Many thanks for the reply. Yes the vocals in general was difficult to get right. A lot of level riding.
I was aiming for a more dry sound on this mix that's maybe why the toms seems a bit dull. I'l try a new mix later on.

Cheers!
(10-10-2020, 07:14 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your take on it. I think the mix can benefit from some cuts (3kHz-4.3kHz). They are there in the guitar, snare, hats, rain, adding to the vocal making it (vocal) a tiny bit harsh and the whole mix a bit bright to my taste. The bottom is nice and tight but a bit of oomph will make it even more powerful, imo. I found some of mine from the bass2 and the synth4. Happy mixing! Cheers!
Hello SonicTramp! Many thanks for the comments. I always listen to my mixes on 3 different systems + my car and didn't find any problem in the 3-4k region (maybe it's me I'm 61). The vocals are a bit harsh original, so I had to do a lot of fixing there. I'l try a new mix later on. Cheers!
Hi heinim Smile cool mix Smile i think the esses hurts a bit. I would have liked how this couldv sounded with an abnormal amount of saturation for some reason. Vocals could have bit polished, i think the dryness is a bit much also, go a bit harder like you do sometimes and id think this wouldv been in the ballpark!
(11-10-2020, 11:11 AM)crownoise Wrote: Hi heinim Smile cool mix Smile i think the esses hurts a bit. I would have liked how this couldv sounded with an abnormal amount of saturation for some reason. Vocals could have bit polished, i think the dryness is a bit much also, go a bit harder like you do sometimes and id think this wouldv been in the ballpark!
Hello crownoise! Many thanks for the feedback. I do already have a little saturation on the vocals, drums and keys and yes, I do agree on the esses even though I got a lot of de-essing already (don't want the esses to sound like f's). I do also agree on the dryness so I'l try a new mix later on. Cheers!
Nice Balance!!