Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez And The Whiteflies - Bananna Split
It's nice hearing the different approaches to this song so far. Not a complex song, but so far everyone has chosen to feature different parts, at least in the chorus.

V2 Followed RoyM's suggestion and pulled out a little over 6db at 125hz keeping same processing on the bass. 
V3 completely redid the bass sound removing all plugins and eq and replacing with something different.

.mp3    Bananna Split.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

.mp3    Bananna Split V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

.mp3    Bananna Split V3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.98 MB)

--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
It feels a little thick around the 200 hz range but balances out more when the chorus comes in. It feels a little gritty/washy but I think that might be a matter of taste. The bridge toms feel a little loud. Overall it works. It definitely has a 'vibe' and that works for this song.
(02-10-2020, 07:27 PM)RoyM Wrote: It feels a little thick around the 200 hz range but balances out more when the chorus comes in. It feels a little gritty/washy but I think that might be a matter of taste. The bridge toms feel a little loud. Overall it works. It definitely has a 'vibe' and that works for this song.
Oh yeah, its definitely in the gritty range, I don't think there is a single track without some sort of distortion/saturation on it and many with more one and a little on the master buss. The chorus guitars are going thru 2 different high gain amp sims along with the original tracks so they are almost pure distortion. 

It kind of reflects my mood after watching the US presidential debate this week.  Huh

The 200 issue is probably because I chose to distort the low end on the bass instead of just mids. It can get muddy but when I undid it I missed it so I left it in, probably also due to debate hangover.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks