Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whisper to a scream - Voelund
Straight away you can tell its a ballsy mix! Became accustomed to differently treated hats counting the track in with everybody else's!

After hearing the track so many times my ears couldn't get around the guitar edits, although i think of somebody hearing it for the first time they wounded be able to pinpoint them Smile

Really liked the post solo/bridgey/break you were going for, Its a nice rest before the final double bass pedal assault! Feel its a shame there were no tamed down vocals to put in there with the bass though.

Compared to your first mix i thought the vocals were lost a bit, and the solo guitar just didn't seem to cut through the two rhythm guitars in parts.

But thats all just my opinion Smile hope something I've said is of worth!

Great mix! Big Grin
Music Tech Student.
London College of Music.
Thank you for the response.
I nearly always cut of count ins and make fades when I edit.
I think in this one I thought it were so loud nobody would notice - I were wrong. Good observation !
Do I hear you say youd like guitarsolo louder in mix 2 ? I liked it loud too Big Grin
Its pretty easy to fix and I will look into the guitaredits if i revisit the session. Thanks for droppin by Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order