Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollow Ground - Left Blind mix
This is my mix of left blind. All the drum samples are Superior Drummer 3 samples.
The guitar vst and impulses was Ignite Emissary and NadIR using the stock impulses.

Any feedback is appreciated

Version 2 Edits: I actually processed the vocals and changed the snare sample to a more dynamic snare using one of SD3s full range snares.

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind (ver. 2).mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

Avid user of Audio Technica M50x
Decided to do a remix on the drums and use the original drum sounds to challenge myself a bit more rather than relying on pre-processed samples, and i think it turned out really good.
Feedback is really appreciated if you have any.

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind (NO SAMPLES).mp3 --  (Download: 4.75 MB)

Listened to the NO SAMPLES version. I don't really have any issues. It works and nothing is bad. I think to take a fine mix and make it better something else needs to happen with the snare. At the very least. More crack and brightness.

Also the Bgvx need to come up. It's a group of metalhead and I want, nay, need them to be scarier and more intense. Actually the lead vocal could be a bit more... something. Sorry I'm typing this as I'm listening so I'm all over the place.

In the end, its a fine mix. It needs to be more intense though to take it up a level.
Decided to come back and do another mix of this kickass song. IMO sounds much better than the last version, since i actually know what the hell im doing now Smile

Feedback, as always, is very appreciated

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind (2021 Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)