Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first classical music mix - Piano Concerto No.12 K414 - Mozart
Hello everyone! It's been great hearing some of your mixes after finishing mine, I hope you can give me your opinions on my mix.

This is the first classical music recording I've mixed. I think I might have opted for a brighter, more hyped mix than usual. I wanted to give the impression of a larger group of players in a bigger hall, so I added different reverbs in different amounts to each mic. I tried to reduce resonances from the winds with some eq automation and also to push brass and woodwinds farther back in the mix. I also tried to make the piano very present. Right now I'm thinking I might have gone too heavy on the overall compression, you guys tell me what you think.

Thanks for the free multitracks and opportunity!

.mp3    Piano Concerto No.12 K414 - Mozart.mp3 --  (Download: 23.85 MB)

(27-09-2020, 02:04 AM)Terock Wrote: Hello everyone! It's been great hearing some of your mixes after finishing mine, I hope you can give me your opinions on my mix.

This is the first classical music recording I've mixed. I think I might have opted for a brighter, more hyped mix than usual. I wanted to give the impression of a larger group of players in a bigger hall, so I added different reverbs in different amounts to each mic. I tried to reduce resonances from the winds with some eq automation and also to push brass and woodwinds farther back in the mix. I also tried to make the piano very present. Right now I'm thinking I might have gone too heavy on the overall compression, you guys tell me what you think.

Thanks for the free multitracks and opportunity!
Hi Terock
I really like this mix! The amount of Reverb is good, for my taste. I like the space created!
Auria Pro | Harrison Mixbus 32C
You've created great space for each instrument to really be heard, nice reverb and brightness. Balanced well, great work on this one
Thank you guys!