Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aureus Necrosis Mix - Phil
Hey guys! Back again with a new mix. This time I challenged myself to mix it on my 2017 macbook pro speakers. Let's see how interesting this turns out to be! Don't be scared to absolutely eviscerate it haha I completely understand that it's likely weird.

.mp3    00 - VMGY - 1ws Mobilemix.mp3 --  (Download: 10 MB)

Yeah. It's fine.  Nothing really to be gleaned from that. As a listener, it works. I have some issues but nothing too noteworthy. It sounds like it was mixed on 2017 macbook pro speakers but it's not offensively bad. I'd suspect that any issue I had were from the mix situation so, don't do that for a real mix I suppose.

Edit: In retrospect I get that you tried something under less than ideal circumstances. Don't know if this is a song that presents many challenges in doing so so I can't give a really gutworthy critique. I reckon if this were a song with more dynamics and vocals etc I'd be be more critical. In the end I know it costs nothing but I have to decide to give my time to listening to a mix, and if its presented that it was done under less than stellar circumstances then I'd want a less than stellar result. Or more than stellar. In the end it's fine. I'd suspect it'd be fine under most circumstance because of the tracks. Give us something bad to comment on. Or maybe another mix on 'good' monitors.

Sorry to be harsh. I'm trying to get banned. You've made a fine mix. If you're going to present it as an experiment then give us something to gnaw on.
(20-09-2020, 11:25 PM)RoyM Wrote: Yeah. It's fine.  Nothing really to be gleaned from that. As a listener, it works. I have some issues but nothing too noteworthy. It sounds like it was mixed on 2017 macbook pro speakers but it's not offensively bad. I'd suspect that any issue I had were from the mix situation so, don't do that for a real mix I suppose.

Edit: In retrospect I get that you tried something under less than ideal circumstances. Don't know if this is a song that presents many challenges in doing so so I can't give a really gutworthy critique. I reckon if this were a song with more dynamics and vocals etc I'd be be more critical. In the end I know it costs nothing but I have to decide to give my time to listening to a mix, and if its presented that it was done under less than stellar circumstances then I'd want a less than stellar result. Or more than stellar. In the end it's fine. I'd suspect it'd be fine under most circumstance because of the tracks. Give us something bad to comment on. Or maybe another mix on 'good' monitors.

Sorry to be harsh. I'm trying to get banned. You've made a fine mix. If you're going to present it as an experiment then give us something to gnaw on.
Now this is certainly curious. Why are you trying to get banned? On that note, I will say that I thought I was giving something bad to comment on due to the fact that I have no idea what it actually sounds like on anything other than these speakers. Tongue Was interested in finding out whether or not it would translate to anything else, or if it resulted in anything particularly weird. I guess that's pretty disappointing then, that it's just meh.