Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise - One flip flop
Well okay, this will sound weird but i did a "premix" plugin challange for this one, cuz i really don't like this song haha! sorry guys, but i just don't. This one took me about 30 minutes to mix. I tried to have every channel pretty much on ultra slam so i have limited the crap out of every channel, thats about it and a bit of eq and reverb/delays, this is the result hate it or leave it.

.mp3    OneFlipFlop.mp3 --  (Download: 7.4 MB)

I have to be honest, it's not really fun to listen to. It's really not pleasant. And I wind up judging the mixer in this circumstance and not the song so I don't really know the point.
Also, if I'm honest, I don't really like like 75% of the songs I mix on here. Including this one. Still I either do a fair job or skip it.
Hi!

Interesting... the resulting mix sounds like I would expect from your description, but I find I don't entirely dislike it.. it has a, um, certain aesthetic to it due to the added distortion. Might work a bit better if you roll a bit of high end off the vocal and maybe lower the vocal volume by a db or two to match the rest.

I think it makes it more of a challenge to get a result you like from a song you don't quite gel with, and you can maybe be more objective about the mix. I find I end up liking all the songs I attempt (whether I end up with a mix I like is another story entirely though...)

For a 30 minute mix I understand the (not so top secret) industry standard approach is to use Renaissance Axx on every channel, so it might be worth giving that a try instead.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
If you had left this out " cuz i really don't like this song haha! sorry guys, but i just don't" I think we all would have listened to the mix with interest and commented accordingly but now all I can think of is why did you waste the 30 minutes.
Hi!

Interesting... the resulting mix sounds like I would expect from your description, but I find I don't entirely dislike it.. it has a, um, certain aesthetic to it due to the added distortion. Might work a bit better if you roll a bit of high end off the vocal and maybe lower the vocal volume by a db or two to match the rest.

Thanks Mike, i am glad it have some aesthetic to it, Yes that trick sounds more appealing to keep it more intact and less slammed. Yes sometimes you just don't feel it, so why not try eitherway. I don't see the point to always put your entire soul into something if you don't really need to, but i do believe in trying yiour best and make the most out of what you are given. Isn't this what art is, conveing what you really feel for something Smile?

"If you had left this out " cuz i really don't like this song haha! sorry guys, but i just don't" I think we all would have listened to the mix with interest and commented accordingly but now all I can think of is why did you waste the 30 minutes.":

I see your point Dctr, but i dont agree totally, i believe in being honest for the sake of the work you put in. I don't think it was wasted, as i said it was an experiment Smile.
I have to be honest, it's not really fun to listen to. It's really not pleasant. And I wind up judging the mixer in this circumstance and not the song so I don't really know the point.
Also, if I'm honest, I don't really like like 75% of the songs I mix on here. Including this one. Still I either do a fair job or skip it.:

Hey Roy, i don't think anyone can demand or force you to skip anything if you don't want to, why would i otherwise give it around 30-60 minutes.
I agree, experiment away and expalin your experiment. It will be appreciated. Point out the phase issues between the guitar mics for everyone to be aware of and learn to deal with. That's all great... but

Artists are donating their tracks for us to play with and learn. Many of them are participants trying to practice also on this site. How do you think it will affect people being willing to donate tracks if they start seeing more negative posts like these about the song itself. Luckily, I think you are one of very few that have gone there.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks