Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaathaadi
beautiful song. I love indian music of all types... have no experience mixing it, though. this was difficult and required a lot more automation than I'm comfortable with. some of the changes stand out overmuch, I think.

I used a tempo delay on a close, short ambience fed through another instance of a very large, long reverb with highs and lows trimmed.

did a lot of fiddling with the panning, and used some tempo delays to level out the inconsistencies in the string performances, which are timed pretty badly. I left the intonation inaccuracies alone because I thought it created a sort of indian lite semi-tone effect when processed.

the vocal performances are wonderful and I hated to compress the dynamics with envelope automation, but the quieter notes were getting lost save for the attack, so I had to do some boosts and glides all over the derned song.

hope you enjoy!

.mp3    bollywood.mp3 --  (Download: 9.1 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(03-01-2014, 06:09 AM)pauli Wrote: beautiful song. I love indian music of all types... have no experience mixing it, though. this was difficult and required a lot more automation than I'm comfortable with. some of the changes stand out overmuch, I think.

I used a tempo delay on a close, short ambience fed through another instance of a very large, long reverb with highs and lows trimmed.

did a lot of fiddling with the panning, and used some tempo delays to level out the inconsistencies in the string performances, which are timed pretty badly. I left the intonation inaccuracies alone because I thought it created a sort of indian lite semi-tone effect when processed.

the vocal performances are wonderful and I hated to compress the dynamics with envelope automation, but the quieter notes were getting lost save for the attack, so I had to do some boosts and glides all over the derned song.

hope you enjoy!

Nice sounding!! nice job!!

from Argentina

Sergio
I think it sounds very well! welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll learn a lot over here. I am learning too since I've been mixing for less than a year!
mixing since April 2013
Very nice Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
thanks guys! the encouragement is a huge confidence builder!
Hi friends, This track is from India and the language is Tamil and i am from Tamilnadu.
Pauli you have done a great job.I love the way you balanced the vocals.Keep rocking.
thanks very much! I spent an insane amount of time trying to balance those vocals and I appreciate the compliment.