Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schoolboy Fascination Mix
everything seems to work well together, high end was a bit wild though.

.mp3    SBF mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Sounds very good. The vocal could come up just a bit though.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
(15-09-2020, 06:58 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Sounds very good. The vocal could come up just a bit though.

The vocal is pretty high in level but because its mono compared to the rest of the stereo mix its going to sound quiet but on most systems it'll be fine. Thanks for the feedback.
The vocal is at an acceptable level, I just thought it could come up a bit. I had listened to mikej's mix first and for a pop track his vocal feels like it is sitting in the right place. Maybe it's another instrument that needs to come back, I especially lose the vox in the tail end of the chorus.

The overall mix sounded great.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
Hi!

Yeah - nice clean mix.

Regarding the vocal - I think it could maybe do with nudging up just a touch at a few points eg around the 1:40 and 2:05 minute mark? It feels like it's perhaps in danger of getting a little lost in comparison to the rest of the track at that point, but it doesn't quite.. The level is spot on most of the time for me though I feel.

I think it's just that the vocal needs to keep the same relative level to the backing as it does in the verses, if that makes sense? There's probably only half a db in it really though I would think!

Could maybe get away with adding a touch more weight at 60Hz too if you wished I think also.

Anyway all a bit kind of nit picky I suppose, but just my thoughts.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-09-2020, 08:10 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Yeah - nice clean mix.

Regarding the vocal - I think it could maybe do with nudging up just a touch at a few points eg around the 1:40 and 2:05 minute mark? It feels like it's perhaps in danger of getting a little lost in comparison to the rest of the track at that point, but it doesn't quite..  The level is spot on most of the time for me though I feel. 

I think it's just that the vocal needs to keep the same relative level to the backing as it does in the verses, if that makes sense?  There's probably only half a db in it really though I would think!

Could maybe get away with adding a touch more weight at 60Hz too if you wished I think also.

Anyway all a bit kind of nit picky I suppose, but just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Hi mike thanks for the comments , there is some small things in this mix that needs attention but id usually try to not unbalance the mix and rather leave it to the mastering engineer if that makes sense. Cheers! Listening back now the bgvs is a bit thick and masking the lead abit although i did neglect most of the vocals due to me running out of time.
Nice mix, although I agree with DctrRoss, I think the voice would be pushed a little more to the front, perhaps leaving it a little more reverb dry. Great job.
Hi Enrique , I did this mix a long time ago and since then changed my opinion on what it should sound like as a whole. Cheers!