Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini - This Town... First try
(13-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I have to take umbrage with Roy's critique. Roy is usually very astute with his comments and insights but I think he has missed the intent of your mix here. I feel it is very creative and texturally and tonally very complete and engaging. If I had one negative thing to say on your second mix it would be the level of the lead vocal as the intensity of the arrangement increases toward the end of the song. I might have automated the vocal level up to match the increased intensities at the end of the piece.
Thanks !

About the vocal at the end of the song I think I wanted to let the lead vocal more in the background, so the rest of the music could lead, and be more powerfull and proheminent... But now that I say it, it feels to me like a bad idea...
(14-10-2020, 02:25 PM)mattpmhml Wrote:
(13-10-2020, 04:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I have to take umbrage with Roy's critique. Roy is usually very astute with his comments and insights but I think he has missed the intent of your mix here. I feel it is very creative and texturally and tonally very complete and engaging. If I had one negative thing to say on your second mix it would be the level of the lead vocal as the intensity of the arrangement increases toward the end of the song. I might have automated the vocal level up to match the increased intensities at the end of the piece.
Thanks !

About the vocal at the end of the song I think I wanted to let the lead vocal more in the background, so the rest of the music could lead, and be more powerfull and proheminent... But now that I say it, it feels to me like a bad idea...
Smile
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]