Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpeptual Escape - Stop And Rise
Hi,
My mix.
Cheers!

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Overall, I think it's a good mix. The only "issue" I hear is the drastic transition of guitar tones and levels from the breakdown/bridge to the last chorus. I like what you did with the vocals throughout the song, and I especially like the effect of the male vocal at the start of the 2nd verse.

The guitars are at the beginning of the song are a bit thin, but that may be your preference.
(01-11-2022, 05:18 PM)SacredGroove Wrote: Overall, I think it's a good mix.  The only "issue" I hear is the drastic transition of guitar tones and levels from the breakdown/bridge to the last chorus.  I like what you did with the vocals throughout the song, and I especially like the effect of the male vocal at the start of the 2nd verse.

The guitars are at the beginning of the song are a bit thin, but that may be your preference.

Hi!

Thanks for checking it out and commenting.  Perhaps the mix is not quite as bad as I imagined!  Good point regarding the guitars.  I think this must have been one of my first attempts at using amp sims.  I might not have picked a good option to go with for this track.  I can't say it's a taste thing, more that I managed to get a sound that was somewhat guitar amp like. 

Since I did this mix I did spend some time researching into guitar tones and cab impulses, etc on the various guitar forums and things, as I realised I needed to do quite some work on this area.  I can't say I find it that easy deciding on a tone or direction when just DI's are provided though.  Guitar tones is an entire world and skill in itself. 

I understand from reading the mix notes that it seems they were not too happy with the tones that were originally recorded, which is why just the DI's were included. 

Not sure if you spotted it, but I did a v2 of this the other day.  I managed to get something posted a bit quicker than I thought. Link here. Not sure if it is any better or not, but it's a good track and certainly fun to mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!