Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
--NEW UPDATE-- mITc's Back Room In Tulsa (on Tulsa-time)
Well this was fun.

Nicely recorded with tons of texture to play with. I went with intimate space to keep things surreal. No added ambience on the drums as I used only the recorded space. The vocal was fun to place in a back room in Tulsa. I used a 480XL preset and a touch of plate. I put the bass guitar in the same space. The acoustic was also fun along with the second guitar. The acoustic has a chorus and some added saturation in places. This gave it width, presence and bite.

Back Room In Tulsa - Master 2

I wanted to add some excitement to the mix so I've added some crush to the drums, ssome sparkle to the piano and pedal steel and some saturation and excitement to the vocals.

Back Room In Tulsa - Master 3

A few minor tweaks to enhance energy in the pedal steel and drums

I hope you enjoy the listen.

mITc

.mp3    Back Room In Tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

.mp3    Back Room In Tulsa - Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

.mp3    Wesley Morgan - Back Room In Tulsa - Master 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I like it. I especially like the vocal effect though if feel like a little much at first but it grew on me. The vocal may be a little loud at first but fits in better when the band comes in.
(12-09-2020, 05:37 PM)RoyM Wrote: I like it. I especially like the vocal effect though if feel like a little much at first but it grew on me. The vocal may be a little loud at first but fits in better when the band comes in.
Thanks, Roy. I clip-gained the vocal in the verses as the ensemble grows. I ruminated on theĀ intro vocal levels but wanted to make a statement with the vocal environment at the top (as in being in a back room in Tulsa).
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]