Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Flames (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song, good production and fun to mix. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

.mp3    The Black Crown - Flames.mp3 --  (Download: 12.81 MB)

Sounds pretty good. There is a lot going on in the low mids though. Maybe remove the low end from the guitars and let the bass have those frequencies. Also brighten the guitars.

I'm listening on unfamiliar headphones right now though.
(09-09-2020, 03:32 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Sounds pretty good. There is a lot going on in the low mids though. Maybe remove the low end from the guitars and let the bass have those frequencies.  Also brighten the guitars.

I'm listening on unfamiliar headphones right now though.
Hello DctrRoss! Many thanks for the feedback. I must check the mix in my car before I take a decision on the low mids and the guitars. So I'l try a new mix later on. Cheers!
I told someone else to brighten their mix also, it might just be me having listened to my mix to much and my perception is off. I suggest listening to one of their other songs and judging against that not what I say.
(09-09-2020, 10:18 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: I told someone else to brighten their mix also, it might just be me having listened to my mix to much and my perception is off. I suggest listening to one of their other songs and judging against that not what I say.
OK!
Separate the guitars cut the bas freq and bring them up
Put the distorted bass to center cut on the low freq
Clean bas higher
Vox Down, dub down
automation on the whole Vocaltrack (do it Without effects)
(05-03-2021, 06:42 PM)mikaelkas Wrote: Separate the guitars  cut the bas freq  and bring them up 
Put the distorted bass to center  cut on the low freq
Clean bas higher
Vox Down,  dub down
automation on the whole Vocaltrack (do it Without effects)
Hi mikaelkas! Thanks for commenting. I do agree the vocals a bit too loud and yes, I have a lot of automation on the vox so maybe I'll do another mix later on. BTW, I did listen to your mix of this track and I must say I did not like it but, who am I to judge? Just different taste, maybe? Cheers!