Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Maybe Next Years - One Flip Flop
Big Grin

Quote:I get what you're saying and the intent but I think it gets in the way of the song. Let the punks yell and be aggressive. They're doing a fair job of it. The mix should aid the riot, not be a part of it.
Hmm, interesting.  Not sure - need to ruminate on this a bit.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Finished ruminating. Mix 2.0 posted. I think it's much better?

Many thanks for the advice.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I listened to 2.0 and I like it. Keep in mind I just woke up. Still I feel like this version I could crank and play loud and annoy the neighbors with in a punk rock way. Wait I'll be right back....
...Oh wait they're away on vacation or something. Still on that second listen through I still like it. I think guitar 3 is a bit loud, at least during the riffs it plays. I think the solo level works. I think that's it.
Thanks.

I figured out what you meant immediately when I found some somewhat suitable reference tracks. Well, I think they were suitable - there was a playlist on youtube of around a hundred '2020 punk tracks'. Seemed to make things a whole lot easier when I had an idea of where I was supposed to be heading! I'll likely fix the guitar riffs volume later today, for some sort of completeness.

Cheers!
Mix 2.1 added. Thanks for all your help and perspective on things again Roy, much appreciated.
Your first mix was spot on honestly, just clean up the washy cymbals a bit and wet the vocals and youve got something special.

Listening to your first mix and v2.1 side by side , the newer one seems to have a lack of energy and emotion. mix according to what sounds best to you cause its easy to get lost in whats right and wrong or what fits the genre. when cold hard truth is that it doesn't matter you could do heavy rock drums on an r&b record and most people would be satisfied. Mix what you hear cause there is always something to tweak.

Anyway i don't know if im making sense, what im trying to say is don't read too much into it.

Good job! Cheers!
Mix version: The Maybe Next Years - One Flip Flop 2.1 - is really spot on.. I'd recommend just covering it with a Weiss Deesser to catch the highest transients and its golden.

I'm posting my version as well.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(26-09-2020, 02:26 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Mix version: The Maybe Next Years - One Flip Flop 2.1 - is really spot on.. I'd recommend just covering it with a Weiss Deesser to catch the highest transients and its golden.

I'm posting my version as well.

Thanks for checking out the mixes and for the comments.

I think I still have a few things to work on mix wise before a Gucci plugin like the Weiss Deesser will be the silver bullet though Smile.

Cheers!