Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini- This Town
I love the reverse strings that sound like a Roxy Music Guitar line. 
Thanks Angelo for putting this up.  As I'm listening back I hear a low end rumble I need to get out.

.mp3    Angelo Boltini-This Town.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini-This TownV2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.47 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini-This Town No strings no gtrs.mp3 --  (Download: 8.24 MB)

I noticed everyone else' mix was louder so the second is a louder one.
I love the strings in this but when you take the strings and the gtrs out it is kinda cool.
Hi Dctr,
I'm liking the second mix.  Nice balance and placement.  I like the use of effects.  Everything feels like it's been mixed with purpose.  Nice Work.
Dangerous, thanks for listening and the kind words.

I see from your profile you build amps, so far I only build some stomp boxes. I would love to do that but I'm pretty sure I would kill myself.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
V2:
Commendable. it shows you did an enormous amount of work and executed some very good ideas. There are times though that the special effects jump out too much and also ring a bit. My biggest concern is the special effects overshadow the song and especially the lyric. While the effects are cool and your sounds generally very good, the song gets lost in the hoopla. Willie Mosconi's daughter told me once, "you've got to make the shot before you can worry about where you leave the cue ball for the next one".

Still, this is a fun listen and the effects are cool. I especially like the slide at the break. I have no idea how to do that.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(28-09-2020, 04:55 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: V2:
Commendable. it shows you did an enormous amount of work and executed some very good ideas. There are times though that the special effects jump out too much and also ring a bit. My biggest concern is the special effects overshadow the song and especially the lyric. While the effects are cool and your sounds generally very good, the song gets lost in the hoopla. Willie Mosconi's daughter told me once, "you've got to make the shot before you can worry about where you leave the cue ball for the next one".

Still, this is a fun listen and the effects are cool. I especially like the slide at the break. I have no idea how to do that.
Yeah, I tend to try and do at least something different than what they already had as a mix to keep my interest. If I kept most of the same effects  and maybe lowered them, stopped them from autopaning and raised the vocal, it may have kept the confusion at bay but what fun is that?  Big Grin
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
(28-09-2020, 09:35 PM)DctrRoss Wrote:
(28-09-2020, 04:55 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: V2:

Yeah, I tend to try and do at least something different than what they already had as a mix to keep my interest. If I kept most of the same effects  and maybe lowered them, stopped them from autopaning and raised the vocal, it may have kept the confusion at bay but what fun is that?  Big Grin
Smile Cool Big Grin
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]