Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whisper to a Scream - Whoosh mix
Happy new year to all! Had this song waiting, so had a go today. Love it! Looking forward to your comments.

.mp3    Whisper to a Scream - Johnny Lokke.mp3 --  (Download: 9.79 MB)

Hi Whoosh
Sounds great i like it ,these are personal choices, i like to hear just a touch more bottom end on the kick and bass and a touch more delay and less reverb on the vocal ,great sound Wink.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Whoosh!

I pretty much agree with what thedon has posted. I'd also back the vocals down a bit as they are a bit overpowering, and will be more so once you bring down the delay/verb. You have a really good mix going though! Thanks for sharing!

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
(01-01-2014, 03:22 PM)whoosh Wrote: Happy new year to all! Had this song waiting, so had a go today. Love it! Looking forward to your comments.

Love the sound of your rhythm guitars here; hit that one out of the park right away. Smile Drum levels are good but snare sounds too snappy and kick doesn't have enough "thump." Both were drum samples, remember; I think you can get away with no processing whatsoever on the snare and just a gentle boost of say 3 dB at 80 Hz to thicken up that kick.

But WHOA, what's up with all the reverb? Huh Reverb on the vocals and lead guitar are way, WAY too much. Undecided On top of that, vocal LEVELS are WAY too high; need to pull them back a good 6 dB or more, and I think all that reverb is making the vocals sound unnecessarily shrill.

That being said, I like the reverb sound you applied to the lead guitar but you need to dial it back to about a third of what it is right now; at this point it sounds like the lead is playing in a stadium with crappy acoustical treatment. It should be a LOT more subtle.

Song ends rather abruptly. I'd let that last cymbal crash tail off gradually; it'll sound more natural.

The only thing I wouldn't touch are those rhythm guitars; they sound just awesome the way they are. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince