Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright - By My Side (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A good song and fun to mix. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

V2 small changes!

.mp3    Kat Wright - By My Side.mp3 --  (Download: 9.06 MB)

.mp3    Kat Wrigh - By My Side V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.06 MB)

Super duper, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe brighten the vocal and bring the guitar solo up, super minor though and works how it is.
(02-09-2020, 02:19 AM)DctrRoss Wrote: Super duper, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe brighten the vocal and bring the guitar solo up, super minor though and works how it is.
Hello DctrRoss! Many thanks for the feedback. Cheers!
New version V2 small changes!
First of all, what a clear mix!

At the moment I have also loaded this song into my DAW and there are quite a few challenges in it. Especially the mic bleed of other instruments on, for example, the vocals is a challenge, but that seems fine in your mix.
Very cool, especially v2 sound has unique sound.
(15-12-2021, 11:38 AM)Steef Wrote: First of all, what a clear mix!

At the moment I have also loaded this song into my DAW and there are quite a few challenges in it. Especially the mic bleed of other instruments on, for example, the vocals is a challenge, but that seems fine in your mix.
Hello Steef! Many thanks for the feedback and yes, it was a challenge with the bleed. On the vocal I did use a gate to control it and on the brass I did use a transient controller by reducing the sustain to control it. Cheers!
(15-12-2021, 04:56 PM)cagilbenian Wrote: Very cool, especially v2 sound has unique sound.
Hello cagilbenian! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!
Hi Heinim,
Your mix is not too far from my attempt.
For my taste, the vocals are still a bit too 'cloudy' and could use some EQ cuts. Otherwise they tend to get lost behind the brass.
That vocal track was not a great recording (I'm not convinced by the mic) and there were many plosives and grungy bits to remove (I used RX for that).
Also, the guitar solo is too distant for my taste.
Have a listen to my mix (Hot Milk Studio) and tell me what you think. My mix is perhaps a tad on the 'bright' side but I was listening to the Amy Winehouse mixes as a reference and they are very bright indeed!
Have fun mixing!
(08-02-2024, 08:07 PM)Rob Cummings (Hot Milk Studio) Wrote: Hi Heinim,
Your mix is not too far from my attempt.
For my taste, the vocals are still a bit too 'cloudy' and could use some EQ cuts. Otherwise they tend to get lost behind the brass.
That vocal track was not a great recording (I'm not convinced by the mic) and there were many plosives and grungy bits to remove (I used RX for that).
Also, the guitar solo is too distant for my taste.
Have a listen to my mix (Hot Milk Studio) and tell me what you think. My mix is perhaps a tad on the 'bright' side but I was listening to the Amy Winehouse mixes as a reference and they are very bright indeed!
Have fun mixing!
Hello Rob Cummings! Many thanks for the comments. I will listen to your mix, and maybe I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!