Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnstar! - Believer (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song, good production and fun to mix. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

.mp3    Barnstar! - Believer.mp3 --  (Download: 8.48 MB)

Very nice Balance between all the instruments and vocals!
I think it has a bit too much lower mid energy (for my taste!) otherwise it sounds very good.
In my version of the song I went with the instrument and voice panning of the room mics and I think that can help a bit with the clarity and minimize phase issues.

Over all I liked it very much, good job!
(29-11-2020, 06:03 PM)EricNilsson Wrote: Very nice Balance between all the instruments and vocals!
I think it has a bit too much lower mid energy (for my taste!) otherwise it sounds very good.
In my version of the song I went with the instrument and voice panning of the room mics and I think that can help a bit with the clarity and minimize phase issues.

Over all I liked it very much, good job!
Hi EricNilsson! Many thanks for the comments. I myself was also concern about the lower mid, but after listening in my car I felt it was a nice warm sound so I kept it. BTW, I will listen to your mix later on. Cheers!
Do you have the instruments running into a room reverb? I think that might be what I'm hearing in regards to the frequency range you were discussing before. It doesn't sound bad to me, but if there were one thing I might want to change I think it would be that. Nice job!
(03-12-2020, 03:04 AM)DrakeEq Wrote: Do you have the instruments running into a room reverb? I think that might be what I'm hearing in regards to the frequency range you were discussing before. It doesn't sound bad to me, but if there were one thing I might want to change I think it would be that. Nice job!
Hello DrakeEq! Many thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have a Valhalla reverb on the instruments at 15% so I'll try another mix later on. Cheers!