Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Cali - Back Down (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this track. Not my genre, but fun to mix. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Ryan Cali - Back Down.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

More kick, try using a slap on the vocal instead of reverb and itll sit the vocal more forward. Pretty good mix overall a good job cheers!
Sound good, not sure if it is more kick or just getting it to poke thru the Bass a bit more. I don't mind the verb on the voc. Might give this a try, I haven't mixed a rap track in a long time.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
(10-09-2020, 06:51 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: More kick, try using a slap on the vocal instead of reverb and itll sit the vocal more forward. Pretty good mix overall a good job cheers!
Hello latanielvss! Many thanks for the comments. I did try with a slap on the vox, but did not like it so ended up with only the reverb. Cheers!
(10-09-2020, 07:42 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Sound good, not sure if it is more kick or just getting it to poke thru the Bass a bit more.  I don't mind the verb on the voc.  Might give this a try, I haven't mixed a rap track in a long time.
Hello DctrRoss! Yes, I do agree to get it to poke a bit more. I'l try a new mix later on and thanks for the comments. Cheers!
the kick is pretty wimpy, try turning it up more or paralleling it. there's a sound you have that's as loud as the lead vocal and that's no good on a mix like this. the vocal is nice and clean but the music is drowning it out.
(25-09-2020, 03:31 PM)illsoulprod Wrote: the kick is pretty wimpy, try turning it up more or paralleling it. there's a sound you have that's as loud as the lead vocal and that's no good on a mix like this. the vocal is nice and clean but the music is drowning it out.
Hello illsoulprod! Thanks for the feedback. I'l try another mix later on. Cheers!