Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Buckley - Drag me Down (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and fun to mix. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag me Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)

.mp3    Adam Buckley - Drag me Down V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.73 MB)

I think all it needs just a bit more of the main distorted rhythm guitars. Turning those up to match the kick and snare will give the song a lot of energy. Everything else sounds solid to me, nothing sounds overdone and you got the vocals nice. I know I had some trouble with the vocals sounding nasally during certain notes.
(05-09-2020, 12:42 AM)Friggy Wrote: I think all it needs just a bit more of the main distorted rhythm guitars. Turning those up to match the kick and snare will give the song a lot of energy. Everything else sounds solid to me, nothing sounds overdone and you got the vocals nice. I know I had some trouble with the vocals sounding nasally during certain notes.
Hello Friggy! Many thanks for the comments. I did firstly have the rhythm guitars louder in the mix, but I did not manage to get the overall sound I was aiming for, so I ended up with this mix. Maybe I'l try another mix later on. Cheers!
I like the deep sound of the drums and how the rest of the instruments fit with it, really really nice

There is a synth that sometimes sounds a bit like clipping to me, perhaps stands out too much.

I'm not entirely sure but some guitars seem like they aren't distorted, maybe they can be pushed a bit harder, however I like how they are now, it makes sound clearer and it's different to what sounds everywhere.
(05-09-2020, 01:07 AM)J.riddell Wrote: I like the deep sound of the drums and how the rest of the instruments fit with it, really really nice

There is a synth that sometimes sounds a bit like clipping to me, perhaps stands out too much.

I'm not entirely sure but some guitars seem like they aren't distorted, maybe they can be pushed a bit harder, however I like how they are now, it makes sound clearer and it's different to what sounds everywhere.
Hello J.riddell! Many thanks for the comments. The sound doesn't clip in the mix, it's actually part of the synth sound. I did try to lift the guitars a bit, but, after listening in my car, I didn't like it so I kept it this way. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!