Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly Beard - Fool (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this fine song. Thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Ghostly Beard - Fool.mp3 --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

.mp3    Ghostly Beard - Fool V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

New version V2 some changes!
Overall I think version 2 is good! A few nitpicky things:

- the reverb on the verse guitars feels out of character from the other instruments, like it's inhabiting an entirely different space than the rhythm section...I don't think you need to lose it completely, just cut it back a little

- the kick feels nice in the verses, but I lose it a bit when the chorus happens (whereas the snare is quite present throughout) -- maybe add a little top end on the kick, but *just a little bit* to help it cut -- I still like the almost subliminal effect of it, just need a tiny bit more

- maybe pulling the "snare under" mic down just a little would help the snare not be so intrusive -- it's a nice sound you have there, and I wouldn't want to change the character of the drum sound too much, it just seems like this mix is highlighting the snare drum at the expense of everything else

Aside from these comments, I think it's a strong mix.
(27-11-2021, 06:26 PM)DrakeEq Wrote: Overall I think version 2 is good! A few nitpicky things:

- the reverb on the verse guitars feels out of character from the other instruments, like it's inhabiting an entirely different space than the rhythm section...I don't think you need to lose it completely, just cut it back a little

- the kick feels nice in the verses, but I lose it a bit when the chorus happens (whereas the snare is quite present throughout) -- maybe add a little top end on the kick, but *just a little bit* to help it cut -- I still like the almost subliminal effect of it, just need a tiny bit more

- maybe pulling the "snare under" mic down just a little would help the snare not be so intrusive -- it's a nice sound you have there, and I wouldn't want to change the character of the drum sound too much, it just seems like this mix is highlighting the snare drum at the expense of everything else

Aside from these comments, I think it's a strong mix.
Hi DrakeEq! I think you are spot on with your comments so many thanks for the advises. I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!