Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relentlessly
hi all,
im not into this kind of music but had a lot of fun mixing this one.
 any comments welcome Smile

.mp3    Relentlessly.mp3 --  (Download: 10.08 MB)

Over all a nice mix. I liked the leslie vocal effect but I kinda want it to come off once the drums start then back on like you have it in the second section. That is just opinion but I like your mix overall.
Hey DctrRoss,
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, i appreciate it.
(26-08-2020, 07:22 PM)AlexC Wrote: Hey DctrRoss,
Can I ask how you got that vocal effect? I especially liked the distortion on it. No worries if you want to keep it for yourself.
(26-08-2020, 07:50 PM)DctrRoss Wrote:
Can I ask how you got that vocal effect? I especially liked the distortion on it. No worries if you want to keep it for yourself.
Shure you can Wink it's kind of parallel distortion. i made a copy of the vocal track, first some ssl G channel eq, then i crancked it up with waves nls channel in mic mode folowed by waves meta flanger to get this fluttery sound.  here's a short passage of it : first Clean and distorted track, then distorted only. Thanks for the interest

.mp3    LV demo.mp3 --  (Download: 1.18 MB)

(27-08-2020, 04:48 PM)AlexC Wrote:
(26-08-2020, 07:50 PM)DctrRoss Wrote:
Shure you can Wink it's kind of parallel distortion. i made a copy of the vocal track, first some ssl G channel eq, then i crancked it up with waves nls channel in mic mode folowed by waves meta flanger to get this fluttery sound.  here's a short passage of it : first Clean and distorted track, then distorted only. Thanks for the interest
Big Grin Cool, I may try that on our next record.  In fact I may stick on one we are about to put out shortly.  It is a nice warm distortion which I am always looking for.