Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Man - Pauli
Had some balance issues with this one. I notice others are compressing this track a bit more heavily than I've chosen to, so I might give that a shot too.

mostly just cleaning up the low end mud, killing some of the excessive 2 to 4 k range so the singers lovely warmth could come through, and some reverb.

also a little creative irresponsibility leading into the final chorus Tongue

hope you like it, thanks for listening!

.mp3    Broken Man.mp3 --  (Download: 8 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Very cool mix !
There are some kind o ringin in verses, very hi frequency, my guess s its from drumloop. If you eq´d it with a narrow boost that may be the reason, solution could be make the q broader or boost less.
Overall a great sound.
My room isnt capable of producin reliable deep bass but it sounds to me like you nailed the balance ho/lows in this one.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
actually that's a shelving boost, so perhaps my ears had gotten accustomed to the high freqs, because I didn't feel the overall sound was bright enough. I'll post a version two with the shelving turned off.

thanks again for the advice, encouragement, and taking the time to listen!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(31-12-2013, 09:11 AM)pauli Wrote: Had some balance issues with this one.

Yes. And that would appear to be the only problem. And a minor one at that. Wink I love this! My only quibbles are the drum loop is just a touch loud, as are the vocals (the vocals moreso than the drum loop) for my taste. But that's solely a taste thing on my part, I think. This thing is plain awesome just the way it is! Big Grin

You took a much more understated approach than I did with it. A much simpler, more intimate, almost "unplugged" sound; I was going for a full sound, particularly on that bass, and I let the backing vocals soar with the lead. If you'd like to hear how I approached it I'm going to post it in a moment. Wink

Love what you did with that echo effect behind the vocals. And that subtle distortion you added to the vocal during the long note towards the end? Just epic! It brought tears to my eyes! Seriously! Great work, man! Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince