Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fytakyte: 'Bitter' - RayK25
Newb here... really enjoying all the resources available -very helpful to many.  
Thanks again to all those that keep this site up.  

Another great song... very many different ways to go with this one.  This mix leans towards the safe side. 
If anyone can take some time out to critique, it will be very much appreciated. 

- Ray K

.mp3    FytaKyte_Bitter_200822_10_114916.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

Hey Ray, nice mix! Good balances overall, and tasteful use of the available material. I particularly like the vocal sound and balance you got here - very flattering!

Generally, I think you got the midrange overall sitting really nicely here. Just a couple of frequency things I'm hearing, which tend towards the top and bottom of the frequency spectrum respectively. The kick feels like it could just use slightly more sub bass "push", maybe a little more low end from the bass too. The cymbals and high mids tend to get a little sharp, and they tend towards a little fatiguing by the end of the track. Somewhere in the 4-8k range seems pushed just a little too hard to my ear.

Overall though, nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Fytakyte, thanks for the kind comments. 

I understand your take on the kick and cymbals.  Influenced by the excellent room track, the thought was to place the drum kit into a live perspective.  So, in spite of all the processing, typically the snare would naturally be a bit louder than the kick while cymbals would be noticeably loud and bright.  The trade off is that it can become fatiguing as you said.  

Thanks again.  Really digging your songs! 

- Ray K