Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_(MM_Mix)
Hi

First of all that was nice fun to mix this track, it took me 2 days to finish.
2 weeks later I returned to the project to have an objective look at my work, I think it turned out pretty well.
I would like to emphasize that I am enemy of the "loudness war" and if someone wants to listen music loud, just turn the volume knob clockwise instead to crush music with a limiter  [Image: smile.gif] 

Just my 2 cents
The mix was done in the DAW (protools) using various plugins.

If you like to listen my mix, I'm very happy  [Image: wink.gif] 
If you have some questions, feel free to ask  [Image: tongue.gif]

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_(MM_Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.88 MB)

Hi!

I checked out your mix. Not bad!

Good balance in the main. I think it might be a bit on the dark sounding side for my taste though perhaps?

Could be the reverb needs to be filtered a bit with highpass - although I think it's more likely to be the bass here. I think the bass might be either a bit loud in the mix, or it could need taming a bit below around 250Hz or so with a low shelf/small cut or something? I feel it might be clouding the mix quite a bit. Try listening to the clarity of the mids whilst toggling the bass channel off and on, and see what difference it makes and go from there. I think it's something worth trying anyway.

You might be able to add bit more top end to the vocal and the acoustic guitar, etc for example, but I would try investigating the bass first before making any other changes.

Just my thoughts though - what do you think?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yes, you are right. The bass is boomy, I dint check on earpods and my room is not perfect Smile
The bass is boomy as hell and is clouding the mix  Sleepy
I need to fix that.

Thanks for noticing
It's a difficult thing to spot initially I think. Looking forward to hearing what difference it makes. Good luck!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Check this out
This time I printed the mix thru the Burl B2

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_(MM_Mix2).mp3 --  (Download: 5.48 MB)

Hi!

Much better - sounding pretty good. Great balance. I think you still might be able to take a db or two out of the bass around 150-170 ish perhaps though?

Not sure if it's just a touch 'roomy'? Difficult for me to comment as I think my mix was quite dry, so might be a matter of taste. I feel maybe the reverb could be dialled back just a bit?

I think it might be the acoustic in the intro that's giving me that impression - it sounds a bit too far back in the mix perhaps at that point, and maybe needs to come up a touch? And maybe the reverb on the lead there too - not sure.

Just my thoughts. I enjoyed listening to the mix overall.

Cheers!