Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blues Bastards: 'Sugar' mixing by Budi H.Art
Thank you for your attension
I need your advice for the mixing that I had made

.mp3    MIXING_SUGAR_.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

Hi Budi H.Art,
I like the feel and balance of your mix.  It's just very dark sounding and missing it's treble response.  Have you referenced this to any other commercial music for perspective?
Thankyou for your attention to reply my post, Im not referencing this to other, I just try to mix it with a routing method from the output to the input interface. I'll fix the mastering process by adding treble Smile .
agree with dave, the mix does seem like its a bit underwater
Interesting.

I agree with Dangerous and Spandexcore but it might not be that far off?

Is it mainly the low end of the vocal reverb and the bass that's adding to the dark feel?

Fixing that and adding a bit of mid to the vocal and some top end to the acoustic might make all the difference perhaps rather than correcting it in mastering? Just my immediate thoughts here.

I find that level matched referencing really does help with getting towards a better tonal balance. It's also worth checking with an analyser too to get the general picture, but don't get overly obsessive about matching curves.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thank you Mr. Dave, Mr. Spandexcore and Mr. Mikej for your attention and advice, this time I try to continue mixing (Mixing-2) by adding a middle and treble equalizer so that the music and vocals stand out upward, reduce the volume of the tom tam on the drums and add a little reverb (mixing_3). Once again, please advise and thank you.

.mp3    MIXING SUGAR_3 MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

.mp3    MIXING_SUGAR_2_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)