Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruks - Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova (Hein-Ivan Mix)
I like the production on this one and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Bruks - Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova.mp3 --  (Download: 11.58 MB)

.mp3    Bruks - Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.58 MB)

I like the SNARE sound - it sounds balanced. But KICK has disappeared somewhere. Probably the bass ate it. I ran into the same problem in this song, but it looks like I managed to solve it. The backing band (GTR & KEY) sounds good, but they are too quiet for vocals and snare. The overall sound picture is lowered at the high frequencies and it seems that the vocal effects are not active enough, the vocals seemed a little dry to me. In addition, the deesser should work much more actively - this becomes noticeable if you raise the HF in the mix, which is not enough. The width of the panorama is ok, but it might have cost a little SIDE saturation to make it better audible. By the way, no matter how hard I tried, I could not make the panorama wide enough in my mix. This song is quite heavy, it is quite difficult to put it together without mistakes and mutual help. It is possible that I have just as many errors, I just don't hear them anymore: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=35876
Alexander
(27-10-2020, 10:55 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: I like the SNARE sound - it sounds balanced. But KICK has disappeared somewhere. Probably the bass ate it. I ran into the same problem in this song, but it looks like I managed to solve it. The backing band (GTR & KEY) sounds good, but they are too quiet for vocals and snare. The overall sound picture is lowered at the high frequencies and it seems that the vocal effects are not active enough, the vocals seemed a little dry to me. In addition, the deesser should work much more actively - this becomes noticeable if you raise the HF in the mix, which is not enough. The width of the panorama is ok, but it might have cost a little SIDE saturation to make it better audible. By the way, no matter how hard I tried, I could not make the panorama wide enough in my mix. This song is quite heavy, it is quite difficult to put it together without mistakes and mutual help. It is possible that I have just as many errors, I just don't hear them anymore: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=35876
Hello Equilibrium! Many thanks for the comments and I do agree with most of your points so I'll do another mix later on. Cheers!
(23-08-2020, 12:57 PM)heinim Wrote: I like the production on this one and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!
Hi Heinim,

It's a nice mix. 

My comments:
- The lead vocal could do with some kind of delay effect to liven up the top end. It sounds like there is reverb applied, but the vocal is still sitting very much at the front with not much high frequency excitement. It does sit nicely within the instruments though.
-Piano could do with automating fader rides to bring out some nice melodic passages, for instance at 1:10.
- There are guitar riffs in the verses that fit around the vocal, and at other places in the song (guitar 2). These can be automated to raise their level and kind of "pop" out of the gaps between vocal lines. Guitar solo is similarly quite buried as it's a thick sound - you can boost the top end in this section and raise its level.

Great job! I just feel fader automation will really help liven up the arrangement by letting certain elements shine at the appropriate time.
(24-02-2021, 12:09 PM)jlawford Wrote:
(23-08-2020, 12:57 PM)heinim Wrote: I like the production on this one and fun to mix. Thanks for listening!
Hi Heinim,

It's a nice mix. 

My comments:
- The lead vocal could do with some kind of delay effect to liven up the top end. It sounds like there is reverb applied, but the vocal is still sitting very much at the front with not much high frequency excitement. It does sit nicely within the instruments though.
-Piano could do with automating fader rides to bring out some nice melodic passages, for instance at 1:10.
- There are guitar riffs in the verses that fit around the vocal, and at other places in the song (guitar 2). These can be automated to raise their level and kind of "pop" out of the gaps between vocal lines. Guitar solo is similarly quite buried as it's a thick sound - you can boost the top end in this section and raise its level.

Great job! I just feel fader automation will really help liven up the arrangement by letting certain elements shine at the appropriate time.
Hi jlawford! Many thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm in the process of re-mixing this so I'll take your ideas and try incorporating those I'm agreeing with. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!