Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al James - Schoolboy Fascination
Hi,
Gave it a go.  I loosely referenced Jason Mraz - Have It All.
Not sure I can fix those odd glitches in the vocal, so I have let them be for now.  Odd that the vocal was chopped off right at the end.  Of course, as luck would have it, the best bit of vocal to paste over the top to fix it has glitches in too, so I used a 2nd choice alternative.. Heh.
Anyway, a really fun track to try and mix all the same.
Cheers!

.mp3    Al James - Schoolboy Fascination.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Very nice lead vocal, maybe a bit brighter BVs and the taming of that tamb , lowering the level of the leads DT will also be an benefit. Good job!, mix has a nice drive.
Good mix very listenable, nice and bright but enough low end to keep it warm.
--------
Opinions are like Farts, everyone else's stinks
(15-09-2020, 06:15 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Very nice lead vocal, maybe a bit brighter BVs and the taming of that tamb , lowering the level of the leads DT will also be an benefit. Good job!, mix has a nice drive.

Hi!

Thanks for checking out the mix and for the excellent suggestions. I might have to revisit this one soon! Listening back to it I also think the high end could do with some work to see if it can be made a bit smoother too. Got to try and get it bright but smooth with that pop sheen somehow....

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-09-2020, 06:40 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Good mix very listenable, nice and bright but enough low end to keep it warm.

Thanks. I was aiming to get it bright as it's a pop track. I find I prefer to boost, rather than cut - and it's surprising how much high end you can end up dialling in with some of these tracks to get it feeling right.

Cheers!