Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First upload on this forum - I'm Alright
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. I would love some feedback on my try of "I'm Alright".

Regards,
Matthijs

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Hi!

Not a bad mix at all for a first post!

Personally I think this is a difficult track to mix. I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly, but for me there is a certain quality about the raw tracks that is somehow a bit off, and makes it tough to mix for some reason. It might be something in the midrange. Could just be me though!

I think you might be able to add a touch more mids/upper mids to the vocal to bring it forward just a little bit more. Perhaps roll off a touch of low end from the drums perhaps too? The mix might be just a touch heavy there maybe? I think some of the guitar figures might also be able to be brought up by 0.5db or so as well if you wanted to highlight them a bit more.

Yeah, not bad at all!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(23-08-2020, 11:15 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Not a bad mix at all for a first post! 

Personally I think this is a difficult track to mix.  I can't quite put my finger on what it is exactly,  but for me there is a certain quality about the raw tracks that is somehow a bit off, and makes it tough to mix for some reason.  It might be something in the midrange.  Could just be me though!

I think you might be able to add a touch more mids/upper mids to the vocal to bring it forward just a little bit more. Perhaps roll off a touch of low end from the drums perhaps too? The mix might be just a touch heavy there maybe?  I think some of the guitar figures might also be able to be brought up by 0.5db or so as well if you wanted to highlight them a bit more.

Yeah, not bad at all!

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. I made some changes:

- Added some brightness to the leadvocal and removed some reverb from the lead vocal
- Rolled off some low end on the drums
- Re-eq-ed the piano to make it stand out more againt the acoustic guitars

.mp3    Im Alright-001.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Sounding pretty good - smooth mix.

(As an aside this version is a lot less limited than the first mix - it's of no consequence, just something I noted).

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!