Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BloodShed mix ( testing dt880s)
got me some beyerdynamics... holy crap these are alien tech in comparison with my $60 headphones. They are pretty bright but after a few hours of multiple songs referencing you get used to them.

Often people forget that highpass is your best friend with these type of blast beats and fast rifs.
I think many here didn't quite got rid of the low end energy of kick and bass and guitars. (to some degree)
Anyways here is my quick mix, I hope I did justice to the song.. translates pretty decent in my other cans.

.mp3    BloodShed.mp3 --  (Download: 15.34 MB)

.mp3    BloodShed2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

Hey shul. A good balance , nothing hurting your ears and so on so thats always a good thing. One problem that you noted on my mix is the blastbeats, we need it in metal. The snare during this part is Completely gone. I am a bit intoxicated so, if i sound harsh i blame that haha lol, but yea i like that you kept the rawness in the upperarea with the high mids like 3.5 k its good. The guitars sounds waaay yo chuggy vs the rest of the mix, needs to get controlled more. Snare is nice on the other parts then blast beats. Kick is actually cool, i love the thuggynesss in the highend. The lowend in the kick is stale and modern, but man fix the guitars its a metal song, its supposed to feel like the world is going under. The drop where the choise are comming in is to low in volume, doesn't contribute to the song unfortunattily, other then that, very good job its on the ballpark, just some more anger into it and it will be there! Its to nice Shul, i know you do very good pop but i would be happy to hear your anger.
"Its to nice Shul, i know you do very good pop but i would be happy to hear your anger" this made my day hahahaha

yeah I like my mixes on the "nice" side of things so perhaps this is not a good genre for me haha.
Posted V2 based off on some of your input but not quite sure what needs fixing in the guitars.. so I did a different eq on them.
also boosted the blast beat a lil .. I wanted it to sound natural and not like a machine gun that's why I didn't boost there.. but I does sound pretty good if I boost a lil.
Alot better mix the second one, sounds solid.
Shul you are getting competition by a old man aka takka now, step up. Bring it "Kiddo"...
(19-12-2020, 02:46 AM)crownoise Wrote: Shul you are getting competition by a old man aka takka now, step up. Bring it "Kiddo"...
Not sure what you mean by that.. care to explain?
[quote='crownoise' pid='103893' dateline='1608342403']
Shul you are getting competition by a old man aka takka now, step up. Bring it "Kiddo"...
You want to stop insulting people for no reason and keep your mouth shut and concentrate
on mixing rather than me .
Hahaha i just ment that this is a modern song and its cool to see that you did a good job on your mix Takka since it had a modern sound, it feels more common that those who have done it a long time tend to go to the older sound. Sorry if it came out that harsh wasn't really suppose to haha Smile As i said before shuls mix is really okay to me, just impressed by the mix you presented takka.
Thanks apology excepted.