Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog Mix of cage
Mixed with a Hybrid setup. I mastered using Ozone. If anyone is interested in mastering this track I will provide the Wav. Comments welcome and I will return comments on your mix.

.mp3    Cage .mp3 --  (Download: 7.24 MB)

I spent a little time on the 2 track. I mastered the first upload after mixing the song for 3 hrs so my ears were a little compressed and after today's listen I didn't like the low end much and the track was too hot. I did some low end control and brought the guitars up a little in master and darkened the vocals a bit. I think I should have eq'ed the vocal reverb a bit more but I'm not going back to the mix- I think I am done with this song. 

Comments welcome. If commenting please mention your playback monitoring source. I like to know how it translates.

.mp3    Cage Master .01.mp3 --  (Download: 12.1 MB)

very mid rich mix. that's a good thing. Perhaps something you can do with the intro guitars to make them more alive.. I like the tone of the distortion guitars in the chorous.
Vocals sound pretty good in there the only thing I hear sticking out is the clicky sound of some toms there.

pretty good overall!
(24-08-2020, 02:43 AM)lowtiderider Wrote: I spent a little time on the 2 track. I mastered the first upload after mixing the song for 3 hrs so my ears were a little compressed and after today's listen I didn't like the low end much and the track was too hot. I did some low end control and brought the guitars up a little in master and darkened the vocals a bit. I think I should have eq'ed the vocal reverb a bit more but I'm not going back to the mix- I think I am done with this song. 

Comments welcome. If commenting please mention your playback monitoring source. I like to know how it translates.

I like the second mix. Listened on monitors and headphones.

Really warm mix overall. Would translate nicely to vinyl. The intro guitars are a bit dull. Some EQ and drive go a long way on those. 

The current loud(ish) FX on the vox in particular, will likely be challenging to deal with during a master. Using a fairly aggressive limiter and/or compressor on the master bus during production, will help you have a better idea of what a master might reveal in that regard.

EDIT: 

Just reread your comments... if this is your master, your FX are fine. Cool
(24-08-2020, 03:53 AM)Shul Wrote: very mid rich mix. that's a good thing. Perhaps something you can do with the intro guitars to make them more alive.. I like the tone of the distortion guitars in the chorous.
Vocals sound pretty good in there the only thing I hear sticking out is the clicky sound of some toms there.

pretty good overall!
Thank you for your time and comments. I know exactly what your talking about with the toms, they were bothering me as well and I meant to address them but ending up printing the mix and now im too lazy to go back and correct them lol. If it was for someone obviously I would but this was just for fun.
(24-08-2020, 06:08 AM)Progtronic Wrote:
(24-08-2020, 02:43 AM)lowtiderider Wrote: I spent a little time on the 2 track. I mastered the first upload after mixing the song for 3 hrs so my ears were a little compressed and after today's listen I didn't like the low end much and the track was too hot. I did some low end control and brought the guitars up a little in master and darkened the vocals a bit. I think I should have eq'ed the vocal reverb a bit more but I'm not going back to the mix- I think I am done with this song. 

I like the second mix. Listened on monitors and headphones.

Really warm mix overall. Would translate nicely to vinyl. The intro guitars are a bit dull. Some EQ and drive go a long way on those. 

The current loud(ish) FX on the vox in particular, will likely be challenging to deal with during a master. Using a fairly aggressive limiter and/or compressor on the master bus during production, will help you have a better idea of what a master might reveal in that regard.

EDIT: 

Just reread your comments... if this is your master, your FX are fine. Cool
Thank you for the comments. Both tracks are the same mix, the second I spent a little time working on the master. There are things I still hear but I think my work on this is done. I will listen to your mix (if you uploaded one) later on when in the studio. 
Thank you again