Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo-Never Ebb But Flow - BJS Mix (Revised)
This song was a pleasure to mix. Comments always welcome.

Ok, I rarely ever go and revise a mix absent being asked to...but I came back and listened to this and there were a couple of glaring issues for me Dodgy , so I just had to.

I re-EQ'd the snare to give it more body, and I pulled back on the BGV's on the verses. Listen for these differences. Hope this is a stark improvement!   Cool

.mp3    David Tyo-Never Ebb But Flow - BJS Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo-Never Ebb But Flow - BJS Mix Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

(revisionI) like your idea on how vocals work, but too crunchy for my taste. Cut down on reverb, mixes will start to sound larger.
(01-10-2020, 01:09 PM)moonchildsong Wrote: (revisionI) like your idea on how vocals work, but too crunchy for my taste. Cut down on reverb, mixes will start to sound larger.
Thanks for the feedback. Looking back, I see your point too much distortion/saturation on the vox. I recently watched a video by Jordan Valeriote where he mentioned he rarely uses reverb and sparingly when he does (prefers delay). This is something I am learning and am applying to new mixes as I move forward...and it's making a difference. Goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks.