Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MaurizioPagnuttiSextet_HSIMIX
Please listen!
I'm waiting for your feedback!

I mixed it again. Thanks for listening.

.mp3    MaurizioPagnuttiSextet_AllTheGinIsGone_HSImix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

.mp3    MaurizioPagnuttiSextet_AllTheGinIsGone_HSImix_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Listening on my pc speakers it sounds pretty good.  Perhaps a little woolly but otherwise nice.
(18-08-2020, 10:25 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Listening on my pc speakers it sounds pretty good.  Perhaps a little woolly but otherwise nice.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to try to mix it up a bit smoother. Thanks so much!
(18-08-2020, 10:25 PM)I mixed it again. Please listen.Dangerous Wrote: Listening on my pc speakers it sounds pretty good.  Perhaps a little woolly but otherwise nice.
Please listen to the newly made one.

.mp3    MaurizioPagnuttiSextet_AllTheGinIsGone_HSI_mix_3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

I made another one, which I prefer to mix_3.

.mp3    MaurizioPagnuttiSextet_AllTheGinIsGone_HSI_mix_4.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

I like your mix 3 the most, maybe there's too much 200 Hz (double bass) in the fourth mix? The fourth mix lost some of the liveliness you had going on in mix 3. I know this effect, it can happen when you work too long on a mix and your ears get tired. If you want to try again, post another mix. The horns are nice and upfront in your mixes, more than in mine actually.
That's my two cents, have fun mixing!

Best,
Rob Cummings (Hot Milk Studio Berlin)