Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Bastards Sugar
Fantastic track,really draws you in,comments welcomed.

.mp3    Blues Bastards, Sugar Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.8 MB)

.mp3    Blues Bastards, Sugar Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.61 MB)

.mp3    Blues Bastards, Sugar MP MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

Reaper user
Sounding pretty good Cudjoe.  Sonic-ally it feels nice.  Drums are possible a little laid back for me, but I can see why you may have gone with that approach.  Maybe you could elevate them a little through the choruses just for some lift.  Acoustics sound nice and rounded also which I think works.  I haven't explored these multi-s yet but the arrangement sounds quite full.  I reckon this could be a song in which you could have some fun with the mute button to space things out and to aid with the emotion and excitement throughout. There are a few parts within that could really sparkle if they were given the limelight for that moment of time.  I will have to make an effort to have a go myself.  Anyways, something to work on but I do really like the direction you have taken this on.  Very cool.
Dave
Hi Dave great hearing from you and hope all is well,thank you very much for your insight of my mix,i felt that this song did,nt need too much mute and un muting if any because ,i felt that it was all about the vocal and adding it will distract the listener,but what i did with the synth was alot of panning automation moves,like pushing and pulling,it only really more noticeable with headphones,but i have done a mix2 with a bit more drums and gtr licks and more synth automation,Thank you once again.
Reaper user
Yeah, all is good my end, although we are heavily locked down at the moment.  Not too much of the world escaping whats going on with this crisis.  Hope you are well and safe also.

It's good you gave thought to the process of mixing this one.  I certainly like the drum lift in the second mix.  Translates well to my small laptop speakers.  Nice work.
(18-08-2020, 10:03 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Yeah, all is good my end, although we are heavily locked down at the moment.  Not too much of the world escaping whats going on with this crisis.  Hope you are well and safe also.

It's good you gave thought to the process of mixing this one.  I certainly like the drum lift in the second mix.  Translates well to my small laptop speakers.  Nice work.
Cheers once again Dave.
I have made one more pass at this one only in "mastering" stage i added a bit more low end pressure,its the exact same mix,its the MP mix.
Reaper user