Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple Hat Mob - Access Denied (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this fine track. Thanks for listening and any comments!

V2 small changes!

.mp3    Purple Hat Mob - Access Denied.mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

.mp3    Purple Hat Mob - Access Denied V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

Hi!

Nice mix.  This one is really not easy to pull together in my opinion anyway.

Few thoughts occur to me, these are really minor things and are likely more of a personal taste thing really:

I think you could push the volume up of that big synth lead in the intro around the 30sec mark a touch more? For me it needs to be right up there fighting with the guitar.  I missed it a bit.  Possibly similar in the chorus also too perhaps?  Might also be able to automate the kick up a bit at times too perhaps, as I feel it gets a little lost as the mix progresses.  You might be able to get it to poke out a bit now and again?  Snare might be a bit on the polite side too.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, I thought a good job with the bass anchoring everything together.

How far through your epic release schedule are you?

I think you should have posted them as you completed them though Tongue, mainly because it's difficult to keep up with them all haha Smile

I'll have to remember to go through and check a few more of them out.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(16-08-2020, 09:48 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Nice mix.  This one is really not easy to pull together in my opinion anyway.

Few thoughts occur to me, these are really minor things and are likely more of a personal taste thing really:

I think you could push the volume up of that big synth lead in the intro around the 30sec mark a touch more? For me it needs to be right up there fighting with the guitar.  I missed it a bit.  Possibly similar in the chorus also too perhaps?  Might also be able to automate the kick up a bit at times too perhaps, as I feel it gets a little lost as the mix progresses.  You might be able to get it to poke out a bit now and again?  Snare might be a bit on the polite side too.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, I thought a good job with the bass anchoring everything together.

How far through your epic release schedule are you?

I think you should have posted them as you completed them though Tongue, mainly because it's difficult to keep up with them all haha Smile

I'll have to remember to go through and check a few more of them out.

Cheers!
Hello mikej! Many thanks for the comments I'l try another mix later on. I'm about halfway through my "EPIC"  Big Grin release and the reason why I didn't post them as I completed the mixes, is because I wasn't sure if they were good enough, so I sent them to my music friends after I had mixed 300+ song and hoped for some creative feedbacks from them!  Blush . Anyway cheers!
Yeah I get it that it can be a bit daunting to post initially.

I think everyone understands how it is though. The people on here are a really generous, helpful and tolerant bunch I think, that's been my experience anyway.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(16-08-2020, 11:00 PM)mikej Wrote: Yeah I get it that it can be a bit daunting to post initially. 

I think everyone understands how it is though.  The people on here are a really generous, helpful and tolerant bunch I think, that's been my experience anyway.

Cheers!
Smile Cheers!
New version V2 small changes!