Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this. Thanks for listening!

V2 some changes!

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand V2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

Hey Heinim!
Seems like we have a similar taste in music Smile

Nice to hear a more dynamic mix this time. It sounds really good! There is a nice balance, you have the dynamics under control and there is a sense of space in the music.

A couple of things I think you could improve:
- Wider stereo image. Just pan things wider. Don't be afraid of hard panning. This is done all the time in professional mixes.
- The horns sound a bit too harsh to my ears. Almost like they are clipping. Try to roll off some of the high frequencies, add some smooth saturation to the horns or ease back on the limiting.

A couple of creative ideas that could make it more interesting:
- Add tape or tube saturation to some of the instruments to fatten up the sound.
- Add some boingy spring reverb to add some space and character. Hard pan the guitar to one side and add a hard panned reverb on the guitar to the other side.

I have also uploaded a mix of this song. It would be nice to hear your thoughts on it.

I hope this was helpful.
(15-08-2020, 05:27 PM)Frej Wrote: Hey Heinim!
Seems like we have a similar taste in music Smile

Nice to hear a more dynamic mix this time. It sounds really good! There is a nice balance, you have the dynamics under control and there is a sense of space in the music.

A couple of things I think you could improve:
- Wider stereo image. Just pan things wider. Don't be afraid of hard panning. This is done all the time in professional mixes.
- The horns sound a bit too harsh to my ears. Almost like they are clipping. Try to roll off some of the high frequencies, add some smooth saturation to the horns or ease back on the limiting.

A couple of creative ideas that could make it more interesting:
- Add tape or tube saturation to some of the instruments to fatten up the sound.
- Add some boingy spring reverb to add some space and character. Hard pan the guitar to one side and add a hard panned reverb on the guitar to the other side.

I have also uploaded a mix of this song. It would be nice to hear your thoughts on it.

I hope this was helpful.
Hello Freij! Many thanks for the reply and it was very helpful. I have posted a reply on your mix too. Cheers!
New version V2 some changes!