Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikebe Shakedown: 'The Last Stand' – Retro Funk Mix
I had a blast mixing this funky track. It was really well recorded by Telefunken and the arrangement is great, so there are not many issues to solve in the mix.

I felt like this sounded too "sterile" and modern for this style of music so I went full retro funk and added plenty of fat tube saturation and put spring reverb on everything except the bass.

I would really appreciate some feedback on the mix.

Enjoy this funky track!

.mp3    The Last Stand.mp3 --  (Download: 8.8 MB)

(15-08-2020, 12:37 AM)Frej Wrote: I had a blast mixing this funky track. It was really well recorded by Telefunken and the arrangement is great, so there are not many issues to solve in the mix.

I felt like this sounded too "sterile" and modern for this style of music so I went full retro funk and added plenty of fat tube saturation and put spring reverb on everything except the bass.

I would really appreciate some feedback on the mix.

Enjoy this funky track!
Hello Frej! I think you have done a great job with this mix. And for the reply on my mix, you pointed out that I should do a wider mix, soften the brass, and put some tape saturation on some of the tracks. Yes, I do agree and I will try another mix later on. Thanks!