Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Friggy Mix - All I Know
Good sounds, mix came together in just a few hours. Hopefully that's a good thing. lol

.mp3    00-All I Know MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.98 MB)

Hi!

Interesting..

You make a good point - It's a rough game. It can certainly set off alarm bells if a mix seems too easy, or, equally, on the other hand, if it seems like it's taking too much heavy lifting to get. Nothing like getting stuck second guessing, or over thinking things...

Anyway - it's a nice mix. I don't hear anything that sticks out or offends.

I think you could push this much much further though perhaps? Of course this depends entirely on what your vision is for this track, rather than my thoughts of course.

I like the reverb on the snare in the intro. I think you could maybe add a touch of reverb to the kick too there, and maybe make the reverb a bit bigger and more 80's, sort of thing? Not sure if a bit more of the low end of the reverb needs to be rolled off, and a touch of top added to get that reverb sound?

(I'm sure I read the other day that Phil Collins In The Air Tonight is moving up the charts (whatever they are these days) again. Thanks youtube 'Reaction' videos. Heh. Um, sorry, moving on...)

I also feel that you could maybe do a bit more with the guitars, with respect to chorus and delays maybe? I am also hearing that you could do quite a bit more with automation, eg pushing the guitars, etc, up a bit between the vocals, etc, too?

So, yeah, I think it's pretty good mix, but could go a bit further?

I hope that's ok and makes some sort of sense?

Cheers!

-
I think checking out your mix has inspired me to have another go at this one. Although suprisingly not as terrible as I feared it might be, I think my mixing has moved on a little bit these past few months, so will be interesting to give it another go...
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(14-08-2020, 04:25 AM)Friggy Wrote: Good sounds, mix came together in just a few hours. Hopefully that's a good thing. lol
This is a really good sounding mix.  I wrote and recorded this song back in 1994 with keyboardist, Matt Mann who posted the tracks here.  I’ve been stunned at the number remixes people around the world have done.  Yours stays completely true to the original but a bit better.  Nicely done!
(14-08-2020, 11:54 AM)RLeverone Wrote: This is a really good sounding mix.  I wrote and recorded this song back in 1994 with keyboardist, Matt Mann who posted the tracks here.  I’ve been stunned at the number remixes people around the world have done.  Yours stays completely true to the original but a bit better.  Nicely done!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked my mix and it was a lot fun to work on the song. How ever it was recorded held up well, all I thought it needed was some small eq and compression and some verb on a few things. And thanks for letting your song be uploaded here, it's such a great resource.

(14-08-2020, 10:22 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Interesting..

I think checking out your mix has inspired me to have another go at this one. Although suprisingly not as terrible as I feared it might be, I think my mixing has moved on a little bit these past few months, so will be interesting to give it another go...

Thanks! I definitely could do some more with automation and effects. Most mixes I go into them thinking just mix the provided tracks, and to not produce or add much more than what was already recorded and sent over. I did filter out most of the mix during the radio section though. Smile Always more to work on.