Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage
Hi!

Funny, think I was posting on your mix at the same time you were posting here.

Yeah, give me a few minutes I'll post it, such as it is.

Thanks.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi,

Ok hopefully some drums attached.  Audio starts around 10 sec mark I think.

Cheers.

.mp3    The Black Crown - Cage 1.0-drums.mp3 --  (Download: 11.83 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(12-08-2020, 05:51 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,
My mix.

Cheers!

Update: Added mix 1.0 - hopefully tightened up the drums a bit?
You see the problem with this song is they used triggers but did not include the acoustic tracks of the drums so depending on the way the hit them it makes kind of hard to control them without mixing them with the acoustic sounds now the did give that to us in the room mics

.mp3    Cage Drums.mp3 --  (Download: 9.6 MB)

I assumed all the drums were samples, including the room mics.  I think this is quite normal for the genre in general?  Sampled drums, amp sims and cab IRs are all kind of all part of the sound now I think.

Are you saying it's difficult trying to get the sound that you want from the individual sampled drums?  Not sure I am quite getting the point here maybe Huh .  Still,  interesting anyway.
Cheers!
Hi!

I read the comment and I suppose you are struggling with the drums.
I used saturation for get that smashing sound that we ear sometime with this kind of genre (you can ear them on my thread), I putted saturation on the stereo room mics, on snare and on kick. On my stereo room I got also 3 compressor that I use as side-chaine: one sided with the snare, one with the hi hat and one with overhead; to make the samples sound came out louder.
Hope it could help.

All best, peace

Jacques
Learn every day!!!
Hi!

I didn't think so back then, but I suppose I was, listening back now!

Thanks for the tips, I need to have another go at this one some time.

Cheers!
(25-11-2020, 03:51 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

I didn't think so back then, but I suppose I was, listening back now!

Thanks for the tips, I need to have another go at this one some time.

Cheers!
Hi!

You welcome, I like to give tips all the time. 
Let me know on my thread what u think of my mix, it would be really appreciated Wink

Peace
Learn every day!!!
Hi,

Yeah I'll check out your mix for sure. Prob be tomorrow now as my ears are a bit tired right now. Do drop me a pm if I forget!

Cheers!
Hi, good sounding mix to my ears. Well done.
(29-11-2020, 05:07 PM)Pete Hughes Wrote: Hi, good sounding mix to my ears. Well done.
Thanks!