Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silona-Learning How To Fly
Wow, they gave us a lot of tracks. I didn't use every track. I left off many of the room tracks or used only the room track.  I really struggled with the drum sound. Still not super happy with it but enough time spent.  That opening tom was hard to figure out what to do with. It kept sounding like a  cheesy western movies native war dance drum  until I pitched it way down and added some sub into it. 
I am going to listen to some others mixes now. I didn't want to listen to others until I finished this.

.mp3    Silona-Learning How To Fly.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

.mp3    Silona-Learning How To FlyV2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

I like your mix a lot, it has a nice spacious warm vibe !
Thinking a touch more definition with the Kick and Bass , Not sure what I'm hearing it could be the organ or acoustic Guitar masking the Kick and Bass a touch in the mid bass area.
Nice Mixing !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi DR i think you have done a great job here,but like Don said a touch more definition to kick and bass would be fantastic,well done.
Reaper user
(13-08-2020, 07:21 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi DR i think you have done a great job here,but like Don said a touch more definition to kick and bass would be fantastic,well done.
Thanks for the critique peoples. Worked on it a bit and ended up distorting the crap out of the Bass. It is probably a bit loud now but what the hell, eh?