Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done To Me - Mix by Theo PB
Hi!

I liked this pop-rock song, with its 90s vibe, the singer has a nice voice and the chorus is very catchy. But the recordings are a bit rough, especially the drums: the kick clips, the overheads move during the song, and there's quite some bleed.

Anyway I'm happy with what I managed to do. I added samples on the kick and snare. I used saturation and cassette emulation on many tracks and on the mixbus to give some vibe and glue to the mix.

What do you think?

.mp3    jakobsen1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.32 MB)

Wow! Nice mix man!!!
(10-10-2021, 05:57 PM)theopb Wrote: Hi!

I liked this pop-rock song, with its 90s vibe, the singer has a nice voice and the chorus is very catchy. But the recordings are a bit rough, especially the drums: the kick clips, the overheads move during the song, and there's quite some bleed.

Anyway I'm happy with what I managed to do. I added samples on the kick and snare. I used saturation and cassette emulation on many tracks and on the mixbus to give some vibe and glue to the mix.

What do you think?
Hi. Very good mix. You are right, the battery has quite a few problems, I suffered them too. In my case I completely changed kick and snare.
As for the voices, they are very good, although I gave more prominence to the backing vocals at the end of the song. Great job. Cheers!!