Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13 - Roar (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My take on this nice song. Hope you like it and thanks for listening!

V2 small changes!

.mp3    Diesel13 - Roar.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

.mp3    Diesel13 - Roar V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

New version V2 small changes!
I like your style, clear yet punchy. Lead vocal sounds a little to hi-fi to my ears. I would dirty it up a little or cut some high end.
(31-08-2021, 03:47 PM)Grzesiek Wrote: I like your style, clear yet punchy. Lead vocal sounds a little to hi-fi to my ears. I would dirty it up a little or cut some high end.
Hi Grzesiek! Many thanks for the feedback. I do like the clarity of the vocals, it's getting heard without being too loud, but anyway thanks for the advice. Cheers!
Hello Heinim! I have no questions to the balance of louds. Everything is fine with this. However, there are stylistic questions related to the general design. The original sound knocks down the true path. Of course, this is only my opinion, but in my opinion it was necessary to reveal the sound, make the panorama wider, Backvoc glue and stretch, and the Kick blow should be like an explosion. Then this song will sound. You made it as it sounds in the original. And there we see a dull sound in a common fog. Maybe it was not worth navigating it during mixing. Of course I can be wrong.

If this is not taken into account, in your case everything is fine. Unless Backvoc sound a little old-fashioned, recalling the East European rock of the 70s. Everything else is good.

By the way, I liked V1 more. V2 looks somehow more bitten.

My mix: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...#pid120869
Alexander
(19-11-2022, 07:09 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: Hello Heinim! I have no questions to the balance of louds. Everything is fine with this. However, there are stylistic questions related to the general design. The original sound knocks down the true path. Of course, this is only my opinion, but in my opinion it was necessary to reveal the sound, make the panorama wider, Backvoc glue and stretch, and the Kick blow should be like an explosion. Then this song will sound. You made it as it sounds in the original. And there we see a dull sound in a common fog. Maybe it was not worth navigating it during mixing. Of course I can be wrong.

If this is not taken into account, in your case everything is fine. Unless Backvoc sound a little old-fashioned, recalling the East European rock of the 70s. Everything else is good.

By the way, I liked V1 more. V2 looks somehow more bitten.

My mix: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...#pid120869
Hi Equilibrium! Many thanks for the comments and good advises I think I need to do a new mix of this track. Cheers!