Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flames_mirgo Mix & Master
Good evening!

My name is John and I have proceeded to mixing and mastering this very nice song. Long story short I have exported this version and it seems vocals are a bit low to my ears at least. I would appreciate any feedback on the mixing and mastering process. If there is need I can upload the mix and the master separately to check differences and alterations. My main monitors are Yamaha HS 7s in an untreated room which kinda makes this effort a pain but hopefully, if someone with a better set than this can check it, then he/she could prove invaluable as to what my actions should be.

Keep up the good work
John

.mp3    Black Crown Flames Mix-Master 1.7.mp3 --  (Download: 12.8 MB)

You have the same problem as me and 99 per cent of home studios , and it is a killer, an untreated listening environment, I am yet to try any significant solutions,although I've been looking at doing some sort of budget E.S.S.
system (info all over the web) in the mean time my cheap (e.bay) amp lets you switch out the e.q. which is how I mix, then switch in the e.q. and abuse it mercilessly to evaluate the effects, and the 'obvious', trying it in as many machines and environments (which I seldom get the chance to do ) as possible.Sorry if you feel I'm just stating the obvious but hopefully someone may find it useful.The mix is great on my system B.T.W.
(09-08-2020, 01:47 PM)mirgo Wrote: Good evening!

My name is John and I have proceeded to mixing and mastering this very nice song. Long story short I have exported this version and it seems vocals are a bit low to my ears at least. I would appreciate any feedback on the mixing and mastering process. If there is need I can upload the mix and the master separately to check differences and alterations. My main monitors are Yamaha HS 7s in an untreated room which kinda makes this effort a pain but hopefully, if someone with a better set than this can check it, then he/she could prove invaluable as to what my actions should be.

Keep up the good work
John
I think the limiter you used when mastering was hitting this mix very hard. I think you should make sure you have the mix where you want it before you begin to master it. Try to upload just the mix.