Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the rain - my mix
Hi. This is my mix for this song. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for listening to it.

.mp3    Pray for the rain MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

Hi Silvio

Thanks for mixing our track ! I will type some observations below as I listen through:
- bass comes in strong. I might say level, but if you check what Mike did on the reference mix (03/15 Mix Rescue), there is a lot of upper mid pulled out.
- drums and bass are masking the lead vocal a bit for me - they feel in front of the singer
- like your treatment of the power guitars - nice
- taste comment - would like to hear a bit more reverb or delay - depends on mix vision of course
- drum balance sounds really good - just too hot as mentioned above
- would be nice to hear a bit more of the BV's
- I like your build into the guitar solo A LOT. Very nice
- consider automating down the rhythm guitar a bit once the solo starts - it takes the attention from the lead at times
- nice effects in the bridge - makes it wide - opportunity to add width in other parts of the song? It works.
- last chorus - vocals being masked by the power chord guitars
- outro has a nice vibe to it. Drums and guitars feel like they are in a different space. Rhythm guitars sound great but push in front when they come in.

Hope these observations help Silvio. The individual elements sound really solid to me, but maybe some balance adjustments and space considerations are where the opportunities are to my ear.

Cheers

Thomas
(18-01-2021, 12:38 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Silvio

Thanks for mixing our track !  I will type some observations below as I listen through:
- bass comes in strong.  I might say level, but if you check what Mike did on the reference mix (03/15 Mix Rescue), there is a lot of upper mid pulled out.
- drums and bass are masking the lead vocal a bit for me - they feel in front of the singer
- like your treatment of the power guitars - nice
- taste comment - would like to hear a bit more reverb or delay - depends on mix vision of course
- drum balance sounds really good - just too hot as mentioned above
- would be nice to hear a bit more of the BV's
- I like your build into the guitar solo A LOT.  Very nice
- consider automating down the rhythm guitar a bit once the solo starts - it takes the attention from the lead at times
- nice effects in the bridge - makes it wide - opportunity to add width in other parts of the song?  It works.
- last chorus - vocals being masked by the power chord guitars
- outro has a nice vibe to it.  Drums and guitars feel like they are in a different space.  Rhythm guitars sound great but push in front when they come in.

Hope these observations help Silvio.  The individual elements sound really solid to me, but maybe some balance adjustments and space considerations are where the opportunities are to my ear.

Cheers

Thomas

Hi Thomas. Thanks for your feedback. I´ll fix it. Hope you´ll enjoy it. 
Cheers

Wink