Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMGY - Bloodshed Mix
Hey,
I gave it a try Tongue
Let me know what you think !

.mp3    bloodshed-002.mp3 --  (Download: 11.02 MB)

Mixing with a dt770 for now..
Hey Jim, nice mix, its in the ballpark to my ears Smile I think the transients are a bit brutal vs the tone of the drums, i know its a hard tradeof. I kinda like that you have the bass that chuggy and bit clanky, maybe a bit to 800z chuggy for my taste but totally works. Since there is alot more transients then like saturation on the drums i think it to me feels a bit 2 drum oriented this mix. But gj i think, the tones are grate on the guitars.
Hey, thanks for your comment !
I agree with most of the things you said, this was a quick mix, i'll have to go back to it to make it better :p
Mixing with a dt770 for now..
Not necessarily i think its a good mix, but yes theres always room for more fix and time to make it better.
If you are using the 770 I can see why your mix is clean.. however I feel the brightness could come down a bit to translate better in cheaper speakers or headphones.
the thing I just don't like from your mix is that the bass sounds like it's a frog on freeze lol not sure If I make sense. Aside from that and the brightness on the top end this is pretty solid.
Shul, can you notice that the blastbeats are audible in the snare, its nice for the genre, you want that attidude and go, not some nice polished stuf. You have always been good at what you know, but this isnt your realm dude. I would not say this to look good, we all have our coup and tea. I guess the hardest part is to accept this and shine on all different styles. This is not by any mean a bad mix, it has what a metal band is looking for, we aren't talking fine sounds in deathmetal, its just not on the chart.
crownoiseShul, can you notice that the blastbeats are audible in the snare, its nice for the genre, you want that attidude and go, not some nice polished stuf. You have always been good at what you know, but this isnt your realm dude. I would not say this to look good, we all have our coup and tea. I guess the hardest part is to accept this and shine on all different styles. This is not by any mean a bad mix, it has what a metal band is looking for, we aren't talking fine sounds in deathmetal, its just not on the chart.

Not sure if your whole comment was for me but it sounds like it. I love metal, been listening to metal for a while and metalcore is one of my favorites however never did find a taste for death metal. I listened to reference tracks prior to mixing and while mixing this so I'm know my mix is not that far out from the ball park. This is one refernce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaJ2UHiTa0o so I apologize if by saying "it's too bright", my comment came out as putting down this mix. I don't think this mix is bad, it's actually pretty good. There are many mixers here that are far better than me for sure Smile. But it's like you say we all have our cup of tea we want to share with everyone here.

anyhow,  I hope my comments don't discourage anyone here this is a good recording to mix.