Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friggy Mix - Bloodshed
Code:
Had a decent challenge with these tracks. Not that any of it sounded bad, but it took some work to get out of them what I wanted. I really should of just layered in some extra snare samples.
But I always like to use just the tracks that are provided and do my best with that first, so here is what I was able to manage.

Added a revision. Turned up the hihat, but couldn't really avoid the choppy rhythm it gets. It is what it is. Tongue

.mp3    00-Bloodshed MixV1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.88 MB)

.mp3    00-Bloodshed MixV2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.88 MB)

Hey Friggy, woah this is a good mix! I like that you have the chuggyness in the upper mids left in the bass, this is how i started of but somehow it got lost in the mastering. Nice snare and kick, snare has a nice "claang" to it but sort of in the lower mids. Kick smacks and twacks nicely. Hihat mic could have been slightly more utilized for my own taste, i kept mine in left channel but yea its not that audiable anyhow. "Drop" before the brake is really smooth, like it better then in my mix actually. Really good job, impressive.
Thank you so much!

The choppy sound the hihat had in the ref mix really made me shy away from it lol . I'll have to go back to it tomorrow and get it in there better.
Update: Added 2nd mix in first post.