Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silona - Learning How To Fly
Hello everyone, here is my mix. Any feedback is welcome  Wink

After a few months, I decided to make a NEW MIX! (11.1.2021)

.mp3    Silona - Learning How To Fly MIXDOWN.mp3 --  (Download: 8.48 MB)

.mp3    Silona - Learning How To Fly NEW MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

I'm listening to V2. It feels good. I think the music fades in a bit slow and makes the intro feel a little long and boring. The electronic drums could come up a bit too. The vocal might be a little loud at first but feels balances when the band come in. It works though. The main section of the song feels fine. I like the tremolo effects which I'm not sure was something you did or was there in the tracks. That's everything really. The balances and tones all work. It's just pleasant to listen to.
Hi!

Yeah, I mainly agree with Roy.

I think you could maybe cut some bars of the drum intro, and maybe fade in the drums with the keys, or something... It might work better if the keys came in with a bit more impact or something? Plenty of room to experiment anyway. It's tricky - the intro to this track always seems to feel a little awkward to me for some reason.

I agree that the tones are good.

The drums, keys and vocals are balanced fine for within their groups, so to speak. However, the groups need a little rebalancing with each other I think as the song progresses. Balances work fine for me at around the 3 minute mark though, which is where I feel you want the song to peak really I think. I would try and kind of work backwards from there. For me I wouldn't change anything else, just the balances I think. As Roy said, it is a good listen.

I recall there is a lot to keep track of with this mix, so a pretty good job overall sorting it all out.

Yeah, I think a little rebalancing with a touch of automation, and you'll be on to a winner.

Hope that helps a little?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thank you very much RoyM! I apreciate it!
Hi mikej!
Thank you for listening and very helpful feedback!
Hi!

Not sure how useful my feedback was actually. Reading it back it seems I forgot to add in a bit of detail!

For me, I feel the vocal is a touch loud in the intro, and the piano seems a bit quiet, against the drums. Verse and first chorus - the vocal feels a bit loud to me against the drums and guitar. etc.

I think I tend to think of the song in sections. I try to mix each section so they are in balance. Then I try and consider how the dynamics should be between each section - e.g. chorus louder than verse, and build up to whichever should be the 'loudest' section.

Well, that's what I attempt to do anyway, not always successfully. Oh, how you set up your session routing, VCA groups etc can help with the automation side of things too, depending on how you work.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Your mix Sounds Well Balanced After the Intro ,Not sure if the tom's need to come down or the piano and keys need to Come up a touch.
the main thing that jumps out on my monitors and headphones is the tomms , snare and Kick sound a touch boxy , while listening when I eq some resonances around the 154 and 193hz area -10 db the kick snare and toms sit better in the mix which maybe they have been enhanced by the recording environment .
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I like the tremolo on the guitar. Everything sounds good. Maybe in the intro portion, more piano or synths, not sure. good mix, better than what they had I think.
Thanks for your comments and feedback. I really appreciate it. New mix on the way soon Smile
NEW MIX !